SCONE meeting, 04/03/2011
Attendance is free, contact Gorry Fairhurst < gorry [at] erg.abdn.ac.uk > to register.
School of Engineering Seminar Room, !st Floor, Fraser Noble Building, Kings College Aberdeen AB24 3UE.
See http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/usr/gorry/where-we-are.html for directions.
eduroam 802.11 access is available.
1400-1730 (room is booked from 1300 so you can turn up early as required)
* 2:00 Gorry Fairhurst: Welcome (10 mins)
* 2:10 Presentations
- 20 mins: Markus Tauber: "The effects of TX Power on performance and electrical power consumption in WLAN"
- 20 mins: Nimbe Ewald/Arjuna Sathiaseelan: Next Generation Satellite Broadband
- 15 mins: Christopher Windmill: Hierarchical Geographic Routing
* 3:45 Tea/Coffee & Scones
* 4:15 Research Work in Progress
- 15 mins: Ahmed Yusuf: A Taxonomy for Random Access
- 15 mins: Paul Jakma: Distributed k-shell graph decomposition
- 15 mins: Raffello Secchi: Modelling changes in web transport
- 10 mins: Marwan Fayed: New research topics
* 5:15 Wrap-up session
* 5:30 Predicted end time
* 6:00 Meet-up for drinks and food - Ma Cameron's, AB10 1JG.
- Nimbe Ewald, Aberdeen
- Gorry Fairhurst, Aberdeen
- Arsham Farshad, Edinburgh
- Lito Kriara, Edinburgh
- Colin Perkins, Glasgow
- Stephen Strowes, Glasgow
- Fehmi Ben Abdesslem, St Andrews
- Greg Bigwood, St Andrews
- Savio Dimatteo, St Andrews
- Tristan Henderson, St Andrews
- Iain Parris, St Andrews
- Devan Rehunathan, St Andrews
- Saray Shai, St Andrews
- Markus Tauber, St Andrews
- Yi Yu, St Andrews
- Marwan Fayed, Stirling